I get bored quite easily, and so am constantly looking for new things to try. This is very applicable to bread, but I have felt limited by the availability of ingredients so far. Specifically I have been wanting to try a Rye bread, partially motivated by the Hairy Bikers – Bakeation – Scandinavian Rye Bread. So I ordered some flour online from Shipton Mill, and because they charge £5 for postage I had to buy enough to make it worth while.
- 2x 1 kg White Bread Flour
- 2x 1 kg Italian White Flour – Type 00 (for pasta)
- 1 kg Italian Ciabatta Flour
- 1 kg Extra Coarse Organic Wholemeal Flour
- 1 kg Organic 100% Wholemeal Flour
- 1 kg Organic Dark Rye Flour
- 1 kg Organic Light Rye Flour
- Bread Proving Basket – Small Oval
It arrived in a beautiful box, which is now my flour box.
My favourite item is the little oval proving basket, and it was put straight to use, in a spelt loaf.
I am really excited to start making some new breads and other tasty snacks.